July 28, 2013

"Axel" LO by DT Manda M.


The month is almost over!!!  Did you get your layout uploaded yet? :)  
Today we are sharing with you a very cute layout by DT Manda M!  She did such an awesome job on the sketch!! I love how she used the hexagons for the circle! Great idea! 
Here's what Manda said about her layout: "I am hopeless with sketches that feature a circle, I am not sure why I have such a hard time with them, they just stump me. So when I want to do a sketch that has a circle I first work out a way I can recreate the shape, for this one I used hexagons from patterned paper and then I stitched around them to give them some definition for the background paper. To add the bling I just used some little adhesive rhinestones and mixed them with the ink dots on my background to add a little bit of sparkle and dimension."

Here's the sketch:
Stash item: Bling

Remember this challenge and the Red, White and Blue challenge is due by tomorrow, July 29th midnight PST! :) 

1 comment:

  1. Manda you rocked the sketch! Great idea and details using the hexagons! Love it!

    ReplyDelete