September 1, 2011

September Grid Challenge by Sarah

She said 'Grid' I thought... hmm...
Been wanting to do a Brady Bunch style page about us being a mixed family for awhile now...
Here's your chance, Go for it!
...So I did.
The 'base' is a flipped over piece of really, really ugly (The Stack #1 for the long time scrappers,) piece of pattern paper. I needed something thin because it was going to get layered and I was never, ever going to use that pattern paper where it would show.
The pictures were a hoot to do... hung a sheet on a door, had everyone don black T-Shirts, stand in front and make some faces! I took pictures of everyone looking up, down, forward and to the sides... I didn't know who was going where. *BONUS* I now have a file full of these pictures for many future projects and I only had to hold everyone hostage with the camera this once! lol
I downloaded the Brady Bunch Font free online and used it for all the title/journaling. Printed with a shadow then inked over in teal and yellow Stampin'Up! ink spots.
I drew the grid on the paper in pencil before I started so it was easier to position all the bits. Then laid 1/2" strips of black card-stock down only after everything else was just right. Last touch was stamping the 7 gypsies 'Together' stamp in the top left square.
No fancy embellishments needed, the Grid itself made the design!
Now it's your turn to take the September Grid Challenge. Take the challenge and you could be chosen for our November Guest Design Team. See all the details HERE!

11 comments:

  1. How cool! I love the Brady Bunch idea. Great layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your take on the Brady Bunch - perfect for a grid design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is too cute! I am totally going to have to steal this idea sometime soon. You might have the perfect photos for this year's Christmas card too...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah, this is the best idea I have seen lately!!! Great take on it. Love everything about your layout!! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just too cool and really clever!!!!! Love it!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How totally awesome!! love the Brady Bunch concept!!! FUN FUN FUN

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this idea - almost makes me want to have a bigger family (not). This might be cute to do with the grandkids!

    Your layout of the photos are great too - I like how everybody is doing something and they are not just straight on photos.

    Super!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun page! The photos are wonderful! Overall, a great way to tell the story of your family!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love love love the brady-esque page!!!! Super cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I love this idea for a layout! Great job!

    ReplyDelete