October 2, 2010

September Challenge by Marilyn


Posted by Picasa
Guest Design Team member Marilyn submitted this layout for the October That Project Challenge. Thisis what she said, "Thank you very much for the inspiration!! It was a tough one, but I've only had this in my head for about 15 years!! I guess it was time to get it out. Basically, I had a unique experience after losing my dad 5 years before this took place. I had had a lot of changes in my life including a marriage, building a house, and a pregnancy. I had a very vivid dream about daddy coming back and I was able to introduce him to my new husband, show him our house that he was building, and even let him feel my baby move. Then Dad said he had to leave and when I became very upset, he comforted me by telling me that life was moving on and I was in good hands with my husband, and that I was going to be a great mom. The details in the dream were so real, that I could see his freckles and smell his scent like I remembered when I was a little girl. Looking back, I genuinely feel that God had sent Daddy back to me so I could share my new life with him. Daddy was in a much better place, but God knew I needed him for just a little while. It was a very comforting feeling.


This layout was truly "Challenging" for me in so many ways! First, it was a difficult story to share, Second, I never journal that much on a page, and third, I had never used a wave border like that. I had to work and reprint several times to get the text to line up right. It was a nice way to spend my day!!

Now it's your turn to do THAT Project. You know which one I'm talking about - see all the details in October THAT Project Challenge below.

8 comments:

  1. Oh Marilyn...beautiful job...very touching!!! Goosebumps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful page - thanks so much for opening up your heart and sharing your amazing story :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marilyn - this is a great layout - one you will always treasure. What a great way to pass on this awesome experience to your kids.

    You did a great job on the layout - the wave border was a great place to put your journaling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh what a great story. thanks for sharing. you did a fantastic job w/ the wave LO and the journaling. Your family will treasure this page for many years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This page is quite stunning...so simple and yet so perfect. I love the buttons and everything you chose. They all fit so well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Your journaling is amazing, something I really struggle with!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a neat experience. Thank you for sharing your personal story with us. That would definitely be a page i would want in my scrapbook! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow what an amazing dream! Glad you were able to scrap it!

    ReplyDelete