May 23, 2010

May Challenge

In Living Color by Joni

Posted by Picasa
Design Team Member Joni did another "out of my box" layout...it was also for another DT she is on....for a "rainbow" challenge.

This is what she said, "I had a challenge to do a "Rainbow" layout. So I did this layout, but I also kept the "out of my box" concept in mind for Scrap Our Stash. I don't usually make my own embellisments...don't usually take that much time on a layout and usually use "stock" embellies. On this layout, I made the ribbon rainbow on a piece of matching cardstock so it was one big seperate piece. Then I cut a circle from yellow fabric, stitched it on (with the torn fabric rays) and left a little hole under where I knew the "ribbon rainbow" would hide it. I used that hole and stuffed some batting to make the sun puffy and then adhered (popped) the ribbon rainbow on top. I also used ribbon and fabric to make my flowers and ric-rac for my stems & leaves. It was very labor intensive, but I love how it turned out and it's really out of my box. Also, I used NO patterened paper....that's outside my box too"!!!

Now it's your turn. Do something that is "outside your box" and submit it for a chance to become a Guest Design Team Member. See all the details below in May Challenge.

7 comments:

  1. Nice layout Joni! I love rainbows - your colors are so bright! I really like how everything coordinates so well even the buttons. Cute picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, Love, Love the colors that are on this page. I still have yet to try anything with the different ribbons like that. It does look super cool though. Great take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this layout Joni! So bright and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the bright colors! Great job on making your own stuff too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous! I love the bright colors and all of the fabric and buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Once again - a great layout. You did a great job with all the extras! Now, wasn't it all worth it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this is fabulous! I love all the bright rainbow colors!! LOVE the flowers!!! Very nice work on this lo!

    ReplyDelete